POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dancing baby : Re: Dancing baby Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dancing baby
From: Phil Cook
Date: 18 Sep 2008 10:27:50
Message: <op.uhok500kc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:08:29 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> di

spake, saying:

> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Does anybody know how to turn off image loading, but only for one

>> website?
>
>> The C++ tutorial Warp pointed out seems fairly good, but the Flash
>> animations are maxing out my CPU (to the point where I can't scroll t
he
>> window). And it's just annoying having to constantly turn image loadi
ng
>> on and off by hand..
>
>   Flash animations have nothing to do with images.
>
>   Anyways, there's an option in the firefox preferences where you can
> blacklist/whitelist images from specified websites. Should be in the
> "Content" tab (or whatever it is in the Windows version; for some odd
> reason the preferences dialog is different in Windows than in Linux).

Yep in the Content tab you can add exceptions to the Load images

automatically, however as Warp points out Flash != images. Try the

FlashBlock add-on it replaces the Flash item with a clickable play arrow

so you only activate the Flash items you want to play; other options

available via it to.

There is another add-on available called ImgLikeOpera, which does what i

says in the title.

--

Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com